The British considering phasing out the current Vanguard class of SSBN and replacing with the Dreadnought class a controversial subject in England.
"SSBN - the SS denotes submarine (or submersible ship), the B denotes ballistic missile, and the N denotes that the submarine is nuclear-powered."
"Taking down the arguments against Trident"
"The case for Trident – disposing of common arguments against renewing Britain’s nuclear weapons capability and the Royal Navy’s Successor submarines."
Missiles as sold to the British by U.S. manufacturer. Submarine and nuclear warhead of English design and construction!!
Arguments against development of the Dreadnought class "in the nutshell" to include but not limited to:
* “Trident is a waste because it has never been used”
* “Trident is an outdated weapon of the Cold War which is over”
* “Trident can’t protect us against terrorism”
* “Trident will cost £100Bn, think of all the hospitals we could build instead”
* “Trident is about big profits for arms manufacturers”
* “Abandoning Trident would set a good example and allow a ‘reset’ of global politics”
* “Trident is immoral”
* “Trident is illegal and breaches international laws and treaties”
* “If we got rid of Trident we could increase our conventional forces”
* “The UK deterrent is not independent, we need US permission to use it”
* “Supporters of Trident are hawks, warmongers or don’t appreciate what nuclear war would mean”
LET US BE 100 % ABUNDANTLY CLEAR ABOUT THIS. OTHER THAN THE CURRENT VANGUARD CLASS OF SSBN THE BRITISH NO LONGER HAVE A STRATEGIC ATOMIC DETERRENT! WITH VANGUARD GONE AND NO DREADNOUGHT THE ENGLISH FROM THAT POINT FORWARD SANS NUCLEAR OPTION AS BEST I UNDERSTAND IT!
Read further additional articles regarding this matter: